Our Practice Areas
Our firm seeks diligently to develop and offer adequate and unique legal solutions and provide sophisticated legal advice in divergent areas of law.
We are engaged in General Law Practice, Corporate and Commercial Law particularly:
- Banking and Finance
- Business Re-organization & Insolvency
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media, Entertainment, and Technology Law
- Oil & Gas Law
- Labour and Employment Law
- Privatizations & Foreign Investment
- Project Financing
- Regulatory & Governmental Relationship
- Real Estate & Infrastructures
- Litigation, and Alternative Dispute Resolution
We routinely advise in-house counsel on matters of practice and procedure.
Our Target Clients
Our target clients include Government Ministries, Parastatals and Agencies (MDAs), Multi-national Corporations (Oil & Gas), Major Public & Private Companies, Family Businesses and Entrepreneurs.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing with regard to a particular transaction, our fees are computed on the basis of the time spent on a matter. This includes time spent on attending meetings for receiving instructions, perusing documents forwarded to us in connection with our instructions, attending pre-trial conferences with potential witnesses, conducting preliminary legal and other research, preparing court processes and other legal or contractual documentation, attending court or other places of engagement on your behalf etc.
The above is not an exhaustive list and there are numerous other matters, which, from time to time, may require attention.
The amount we charge for each matter depends on the degree of urgency attached to your case, the complexity of your case, the amount of money involved and the experience and skill of counsel who is assigned to your case.
Our fees also include VAT at the rate of 5%, which is added to our invoices as required by Nigerian Law.
Deposit on Account
It is our policy to ask for money by way of a deposit on account before commencing your work. This serves as an initial retainer in respect of the matter
Our Standards of Clients Care
To ensure that we give you satisfactory service, we operate a system throughout the office insisting our staff meet certain standards with regard to client care. Our standards include:
- The client should receive copies of all relevant and pertinent correspondence.
- Telephone calls received from clients should be returned as soon as possible.
- Correspondence received from any party is generally to be dealt with as soon as possible.
- To extend to all clients a high standard of courtesy and respect at all times.
- To report to our client regularly as to the progress of the mater.
Invoicing of Fees and Expenses
Periodically, we shall deliver our interim invoices to you for work carried out and, at your request, a statement of the services in respect of such invoices.
“To re-engineer mod
There will also be general expenses such as travel, transportation, filing fees, postage, courier, and telephone and photocopying charges, which will be charged to your account.
In addition, we may need to incur specific expenses during the course of handling your work for items such as carrying out searches at public information registers, filling and other fees, and other miscellaneous expenses receipted and non-receipted. These will be specified and added to our invoice.
ern practice by the application of special legal skills.”